Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat is 17 years old. She has been losing weight and has…

Customer Question
My cat is 17 years...
My cat is 17 years old. She has been losing weight and has become jaundice. I took her to the vet and she had high liver enzyme levels. She was hospitalized for treatment a week ago. Alt is n at 841(increased by 200) alp is at 716 (decreased by 800) AST is 438 which has stayed the same and bilirubin total is 11.1 and direct is 7.1. Is the medication at the doctors helping?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat
1/16/2018
Cat Vet: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Ashly, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Kia, please? To answer you directly, no, treatment doesn't appear to be helping at this time. The most important ALT is increasing rather than decreasing. Regretfully, at 17 years of age there's rarely just one thing going on but degenerative conditions and neoplasia (cancer) of the liver should be improtant considerations. An abdominal ultrasound should be considered at this time.

Cat Vet: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Hi Ashly,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Kia. How is everything going?