Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

This male cat has been around our rural neighborhood for…

This male cat has...

This male cat has been around our rural neighborhood for years. He is in a bad way now. We found him in the entry way under our house. He was laying on his side shaking & crying. He looks as if he has lost a lot of weight and can't eat lately due to an old open wound under his jaw. He needs to be put to sleep to ease his suffering. I befriended him & other feral cats in the neighborhood by feeding them. This cat I call "Scrappy" fights with all other cats around & was run over by a car a couple years ago at this barn down street where he sometimes goes. What is the cost to put him to sleep & where can I take him ? I live in the Placer County of West Roseville, CA area. Thanks for any help?!

Veterinarian's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Veterinarian's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name?

I call him Scrappy & he is currently in our garage in a box covered with a blanket. He is shaking & very cold to touch.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Scrappy?

Just that he can't defend himself against other male cats around & he has old wounds & a terrible smell to him!

1/15/2018
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. The most reasonable place would be to take him to the Humane Society. THeir Charges for Euthanizing would be less than a private Vet. The average charge at the Humane Society would be around $50. and may be less since he is a Feral Cat.

Placer SPCA Companion Animal Care Center 150 Corporation Yard Rd.Roseville, CA 95678. T:(###) ###-####|(###) ###-#### F:(###) ###-#### Tues, Fri-Sun: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.. Wed & Thurs: 2 p.m. - 7 p.m. *Closed Mondays & holidays. I would call the number because many have an emergency number for this type of Emergency.

I regular Vet may be less under the circumstances sine the cat is in need and it is Feral.

Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok Thank You I will take him there. But Monday is holiday & looks like they are closed on Mondays. But in the morning I will call around to see who is open & available. I don't want him to suffer anymore, poor boy...
Patty Lawrence

Thank you for caring. You can call a regular Vet. Many have a heart when it comes to a Feral Cat and may cut a deal similiar to the SPCA.

Joan

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh Yes my heart aches for any animal in distress! Thank you for being here at this hour!Patty

Glad to be here for you and Scrappy. God Bless for helping this guy.

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech