Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat which I raised and he was fixed and he was always…

my cat which I raised...
my cat which I raised and he was fixed and he was always home and woild fallowme around left and has been missing for 5 days what happened
1/12/2018
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am so sorry to hear Chapi is missing.

Where do you live; is it a rural area or suburban; what part of the country?

There are many reasons a cat goes missing: trapped somewhere, hit by a car, picked up as a "stray" by some well meaning person.

I had a cat missing for 9 days come home; he was thin and hungry and had probably been trapped somewhere like someone's garage. Cats that go outside are at risk from cars and predators, depending where you live.

Have you gone door to door in your neighborhood? Put up flyers in your neighborhood and at the veterinarian offices in your area? Contacted your local shelter to see if animal control picked him up?

I hope you find him. Please let me know if this is helpful and what other questions I can answer.

Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about Chapi. How is everything going?

Thanks for the great rating; any news?