Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Thanks for reaching out. She is abt 4 yrs old, has started…

Customer Question
Hi thanks for reaching...

Hi thanks for reaching out. She is abt 4 yrs old, has started retching/ gagging like she is going to throw up but hasn't vomited. Her other behaviour is normal and she walks around, eats and drinks. It's been going on for about 4 hours and I'm starting to get a little worried.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

We've been on holiday and she has been home about 2 days from the cattery where she was for 14 days. Her behaviour is normal other than the gagging every 10 mins or so.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat
1/8/2018
Cat Vet: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on your cat, please? Having been in a cattery and now retching/gagging suggests feline infectious tracheobronchitis ("kennel cough") if her behavior represents a cough but a gastrointestinal infection or change in GI flora having been out of her home for quite some time and her behavior isn't a cough but, instead, regurgitation or vomiting.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian