Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Very red around eyes... looks chapped and bleeds a bit...

Customer Question
Very red around eyes...

Very red around eyes . . . looks chapped and bleeds a bit . . . makes dark crusts around the eyes. Also, I think has earmites, or some sort of brownish goo in ear folds, brown spots on skin nearby . . . she scratches and flattens her ears a lot

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Willow, about 5 years. I just got her from a lady who had to move. She is mostly outside, but i've been bringing her in cuz its SO cold here right now. I wonder if the woodstove is a problem . .

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Willow?

Don't think so . . . is there a charge here?

Veterinarian's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Veterinarian. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

I prefer to use natural cures . . . does your vet know about them?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat
Answered in 1 day by:
1/5/2018
Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 6 months ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

To get rid of earmites apply monthly revolution.

For her eyes apply warm damp teabags. tanic acid in tea will heal them right up.

HOWEVER. you need to keep her in in cold weather so she can heal.

In addition, add one quarter of a 4 mg chlortrimeten to a tablespoon of baby food chicken or turkey with no onion or garlic.

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/chlorpheniramine-maleate-chlor-trimeton/page1.aspx

Give it every 24 hours. It is very tiny so she will not detect it

Please let me know how she is dong. Just reply here or if you prefer, we can speak on the phone.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback, as that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed and I will always be here for you and your kitty.

Kind regards,,

Terri

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Terri
THank you Terri. I am more interested in natural cures. CHeers.
Tea is a natural remedy
How is she doing ?