Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

My cat is 16 years old and she was always in perfect health…

Customer Question
My cat is 16...

My cat is 16 years old and she was always in perfect health until a few days ago. She has been walking like she is drunk and can't stand up straight. She is turning her body before she turns her legs and she doesn't purr anymore

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did your cat have a fall?

I don't think so

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. It might be a fracture. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name?

Leera

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Leera?

She sometimes twitches

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat
12/28/2017
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a video of what you're seeing?

When did Leera last have bloodwork?

Is she on any medication at this time?

Any known history of illness?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry for long response. She doesn't have any past illnesses and isn't on any medication. She had blood work about 4 months ago and everything was normal. She never goes outside. I'll send a video as well

I'll stand by for the video. Do you happen to have a copy of the bloodwork results to share?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I don't sorry

Alright. I'll keep an eye out for the video.

Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert