Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat who is 17 yrs old has a large hard lump on his face,

Customer Question
it’s by his cheek and...
My cat who is 17 yrs old has a large hard lump on his face, it’s by his cheek and is now causing his eye to close.
He has been to the vet who removed a bad tooth, which they thought could be the issue and has had three lots of antibiotics however the lump seems bigger and it is affecting his eye more.
He is eating and drinking though.
What could this be?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Can you upload a photo(s) of this lump to our conversation? You can upload photos by using the paperclip or add file icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see those icons on your particular device) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ Please check that the photo(s) is in focus prior to uploading it.

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please...

The photos are out of focus and in the shadows. Can you try again with better lighting?

I understand. I can't be as accurate as I'd like to be for you without being able to visualize that area better. I'll opt out which will allow another expert (who might have better eyes than I) to take a look.

Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 3 months ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

I have viewed the phptos, thanks for them, This is an unresolved abscess. Have the DVM script 21 days of clindamycin to clear it up.

also swab his mouth with honey 3 times a day. It is a remarkable healing agent

Hi Terri,
The vet said it wasn’t abscess??
He is on last few days of Antirobe capsules 75mg, this is the second course and before that he was on a different antibiotic but it’s got larger in the last few days, making his eye close and look terrible.
Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert