Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Can I give my cat human amoxicillin. I have 500mg can I give…

Customer Question
Can I give my cat...
Can I give my cat human amoxicillin. I have 500mg can I give her half. She's 10lbs 11 yrs old
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat
12/27/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Nicole, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Veterinarian
Hello I am Dr Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am working on a response right now and will be back shortly.
my first question would be why do you think your cat needs the medication?
Second, that is too high of a dose for a 10 pound cat. A cat that size would typically get about 62.5 mg twice daily depending upon the condition.
Because a lot of heat is coming off here sign of infection. Same condition that she had last time. All her hair just grew back from last episode
Ok well I can't make a diagnosis about what is going on with your pet especially without more information but I wanted to at least inform you about the dose questions.
I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions. If you are satisfied with my assistance a 5 star rating is always appreciated and is how we as experts are recognized and compensated for our time. Even after the rating this conversation will stay open for about a week.
Any additional questions?
I just wanted to check in and see how your cat is doing? Any other questions?