Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

About 8 months ago I neutered my cat but he still has the…

Customer Question
About 8 months ago...

About 8 months ago I neutered my cat but he still has the desire To go out And look for females ??

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your cat?

He’s neutered but he still wants to go out of the house

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your cat seem to hurt?

Nowhere he’s perfectly fine :)

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Yea

Veterinarian's Assistant: What?

When we carry him or pet his lower back he meows in pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Teddy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Teddy?

He’s turning 2 in a week

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat
12/24/2017
Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 2 months ago
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Hello and merry Christmas,

Is Teddy an only pet?

By now Teddy is no longer influenced by hormones hence he is not seeking females. His desire to go outside is a normal instinct.

Once cats get a taste of the outdoors they crave the streets.

Unfortunately, the only way to stop this behavior is to refuse to allow him out. He will cry and protest for a few days but eventually get used to being an indoor kitty

You can help by providing pleny of interactive toys and a feline friend.

Cat Vet: Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert replied 1 month ago

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Terri
Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert