Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I have a kitten who is roughly 4 months old. I rescued her…

Customer Question
I have a kitten...

I have a kitten who is roughly 4 months old. I rescued her at 2 1/2 weeks old, from a feral mother who had his liter between houses. I took them to the Denver Animal Shelter. She has good liter box habits, but what I am having issues with her playing in the liter box. What can I do? I have separated where she eats and, am keeping the liter box where it was. so their not in the same room. Any other suggestions, Please help me

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the kitten's name?

Blue Sky, I call her Ski,

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ski?

I meant Sky, sorry typo. Not really she eats well, she knows at least 7 direct words such as NO, DON'T BITE,STOP IT, BE NICE, GOOD GIRL, BAD GIRL, HER NAME, ARE YOU HUNGRY, CRUNCHIES, ANOTHER WORDS SHE IS A VERY SMART CAT OTHER THAN THE PLAYING IN THE LITER BOX,

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat
12/22/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Beth, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

An offer for a phone consultation usually will come up a few minutes after starting the chat, please note that it is not from me, it is automatically generated by the site. I am not always able to do phone consultations, but I can always continue chatting with you here.

Kittens get into everything! I have usually rescued adult cats, but I did have one cat that we adopted around this age, and she did the exact same thing for a few weeks. It was usually after cleaning the box that she would roll around in it like she was doing a dust bath LOL. Are there certain times Sky seems to be doing this (like right before or after a nap?), or does it seem to be random?

What type/brand of litter are you using?