Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat is around 4 and she is acting tired and not eating.

Customer Question
She drank water earlier and...
My cat is around 4 and she is acting tired and not eating. She drank water earlier and a lot more than her usual intake. Her nose is a little runny and she sneezed and I could hear moisture in her nose. Can cats get colds?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/14/2017
Cat Vet: Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian. replied 7 months ago
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hello again,

Please alow me five minutes and I will give you a reply,

Dr Scott

Glad to talk this over with you further ...

1. Cats do not get human colds of course but they do get a range of upper respiratory tract infections specific to the cat, affected cats are often lethargic and not eating and could well be sneezing or have a cough. Very often these diseases are not so serious but they usually will benefit from prescription drugs from your vet.

Regards,

Dr Scott
I hope you have found my advice useful. Please now be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen, such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers. Rating me now does not close your question, we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks ...

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Mittens is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning her suspect respiratory infection ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I'm just following up on our conversation about Mittens. How is everything going?