Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

My one year old rag doll vomitted this morning he normally…

Customer Question
My one year old...

My one year old rag doll vomitted this morning he normally wants to go outside his not his usual

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name?

Benson

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Benson?

No he had his check up abou 3 weeks ago

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Cat
12/11/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I am sorry you are going through this with your cat. I can make a few recommendations of things you can try at home to help with vomiting. If these don't work, I would strongly urge you to take him to the vet for an xray tomorrow.

You can give Pepcid (0.25 mg/lb) every 12 hours for the next few days. It is an antacid that can help decrease the acidity in the stomach and help with vomiting. I would feed him boiled chicken and white rice for the next few days. It is a bland diet that can help with GI upset. You can also syringe feed some Pedialyte to help with his hydration. You can also give some canned food or chicken baby food to help spark his appetite if the chicken and rice isn't to his liking. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you have a moment to fill out a positive review (by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page) for me I would greatly appreciate it. This is the only way the website can credit me for my time. Thank you so much and good luck!

Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian