Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

When my cat sits and had its paws out he shakes it not like…

Customer Question
When my cat sits...

When my cat sits and had its paws out he shakes it not like a shake like getting litter or water of but more like a twitch? I know he had surgery under that arm

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name and age?

Don’t know the age I suspect 10? Maybe a bit older I got him from an appt building he was left there. His name is Grammer

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Grammer?

He had a tumer on his tail about 3 years ago and the amputated it?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat
12/9/2017
Cat Vet: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry you are worried about Grammer. I just came online and saw your question; I am so sorry you have been waiting for an answer from a Just Answer expert.

What was the surgery he had under his arm? That could be a clue why he is doing this.

The surgery may have left an irritated nerve, which is affecting that leg and causing this twitching/shaking. It might help to try an anti inflammatory medication such as Onsior or prednisone. These are by prescription, from your veterinarian.

I have not heard back from you; how is Grammer doing?

Please let me know if this was helpful and what other questions I can answer.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Hi yes the surgery was under his arm but several years ago. Would there be a reason it’s just showing up now?

It is possible but if it was that long ago it might be something else. What exactly was the surgery?

To be honest I don’t know exactly what they did... he ran out and I couldn’t get him back and was an outside cat for 3 months finally when he came back his arm had gotten caught in his collar (which was suppose to be a breakaway collar) his under arm was completely cut open with maggots and seriously infected! It was not a pretty site at all...
I don’t
Live in that area anymore I could prob try to get the number and call to see what was actually done... this is prob 8 years ago!

If it was that long ago, that is probably not the reason for his shaking it now. I would need to examine him to try to find out where the problem is now.

Please let me know if this was helpful or if you have any other questions.

Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian