Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I have cat 3.5 months old. She start walking funny. A week…

Customer Question
I have cat 3.5...

I have cat 3.5 months old

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?

She start walking funny

Veterinarian's Assistant: Did the cat have a fall?

A week ago

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Now she is walking and she is loosing her balance very much

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

Also her head is shaking not a lot but I can see that i am looking for advise

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat
12/8/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on your cat, please?

She's ataxic ("drunken sailor") which can indicate a general weakness such as might be seen with profound anemia but can also indicate toxicity from the ingestion of a prescription or recreational drug, other chemicals including parasiticides, as well as disorders that affect her neurologic system.