Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

He had a uti.had a catheter to release the urine. Now he…

Customer Question
He had a uti.had...

He had a uti.had a catheter to release the urine. Now he on't want to eat. He is drinking water

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?

He refuses to eat. But he drinks water

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

He was put on antibiotics for the uti & pain medication.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Smokey age 2

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

His name is Smokey.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Smokey?

That is all. He don't seem to be in pain. He just will not eat after the Catheter was removed

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat
12/7/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. When was the last time he urinated? He could have reobstructed. If he seems to be urinating fine, then I would try the following foods-- boiled chicken, white rice, canned cat food, chicken baby food, canned tuna. Sometimes the antibiotics can make their appetite off, so I would give an antacid, Pepcid (0.25mg/lb) every 12 hours for the next few days. If his appetite doesn't improve by tomorrow, I would recommend taking him back to the vet for a check up. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Checking in. How is Smokey at this time?