Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I am not a rescue but have cats that I saved grtom a kill…

Customer Question
Hi I am not...

Hi I am not a rescue but have cats that I saved grtom a kill shelter. I had a for a break out. I tried d earth on them, natural defense spray and wondwrcide since June. A rescue helped me asnd gave me capstar 11.4 mg. I have one drooling, this was given 2 days ago..his gums not white.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name?

Castle

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Castle?

He is a affectionate cat, eats well, Rachel Ray.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat
Well, I should have proof read that. Since I need tyo pay for the answer and my phone changed my wording I will try again. I have with a rescues helped saved cats and kittens from getting killed at a high kill.shelter. having asll of them inside I still am battling ear mites and fleas. I bought a galloon of wondercide. But the whole cat has to be treated, like soaked basically. A rescue promised to help me as I have 30 rescues. They gave me capstar 11.4 mg. I treated about 15 so far one is drooling. I have seen this with topical but not pulls. I do use natural products on them ususally. I have ***** ***** pet shampoo. I need to get the fleas off of them without them getting sick. I cannot adopt any until they are flea free of course. I have 2 cats that sleep high now in a door and a closet rod. It's blizzare.
12/7/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. The capstar might be upsetting his stomach a little bit. I would recommend giving an antacid Pepcid (0.25mg/lb) every 12 hours for 1-2 days. If that doesn't help, I would recommend taking the cat to the vet for further evaluation.
Why do they drool? How can I help that?
I should add Capstar will only kill the fleas for 24 hours, you will need a monthly preventative to keep them prevented for longer term.
The drool is most likely because of nausea from the capstar. I would try the Pepcid and see if that helps.
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Good afternoon, JACustomer. Checking in to see how your companions are doing at this time. Has the drooling resolved? Was the Pepcid helpful?