Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My 2 year old hair female has been showing signs of

Customer Question
My 2 year old long...
My 2 year old long hair female has been showing signs of lethargic and periodic labored breathing - she is still eating but very inactive. She had parasites as a kitten but was treated. She is an inside cat with no changes in food. She was recently groomed professionally. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it though. Anything I need to look for before calling the vet?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat
12/7/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Drew, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help.

Certainly, there's enough reason for concern, based on your description, to seek veterinary attention. This could be something as simple as an upper respiratory infection, but also it could be more serious, such as pneumonia, or other respiratory problems such as pleural effusion (fluid in the chest cavity).

It's likely not an immediate emergency, if she is eating, but I don't think I'd put off a vet visit much longer. Cats have a hard time bouncing back from illness when it's gone on for a long time.

Ok thank you for your quick response.

You're very welcome. Let me know if you need anything additional.

I made an appointment with her vet tomorrow - again thank you
Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Veterinarian