Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I found a kitten. Looks like 4 or 5 weeks how and what I…

Customer Question
I found a kitten...

I found a kitten. Looks like 4 or 5 weeks how and what I need to do to take care of it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the kitten?

Nothing. It almost got ran over and I saved it and brought it home. I just don’t know what exactly to feed it or what to do with it. I’m going to keep it I just don’t know how to start

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the kitten's name?

I’m thinking of one I don’t have one yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat
12/5/2017
Cat Vet: Kelly Hill, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Veterinarian

Hello. This is Dr. Hill. Congratulations on your new kitten. At that age, he should be able to eat a canned kitten food. You can add a little bit of warm water to the food initially. You can also add a little bit of kitten milk replacer initially. You want to feed him several times a day and keep him in a area, like a bathroom, with water and a little box until he is bigger. Ideally, he should be seen by a local veterinarian within a week or two to be dewormed and for a thorough physical exam. Please ask any follow up questions.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

katjadvm