Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

She is a feral slowing coming into my home. Friday night she…

Customer Question
She is a feral...

She is a feral slowing coming into my home. Friday night she seemed to have something wrong with her one eye. Then she did not want to be touchef on one side. Now she has a gooy eye and is very still and lethargic?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Blondie she is estimated to be six.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blondie?

She was mostly ok over the weekend. Eating jumping climbing tree just did not want to be touched. Seems much worse now.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Cat
12/5/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. May I have an update on Blondie, please?

It isn't clear to me if she can be handled or not. Eyes can "go south" in a hurry unless attended to by a vet at your earliest convenience. You've described an eye that may have been traumatized during a cat fight or perhaps is badly infected with the feline herpesvirus (FHV-1).

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?