Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Nina need to pay. Just filled in form. His ear. Nina and…

Customer Question
Nina need to pay ...

Nina need to pay

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?

Just filled in form

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

His ear

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the cat's name and age?

Nina and six

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nina?

Other than what I sent no

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat
11/29/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. It's difficult for me to tell you how to address Nina's ear without examining it hands-on. Primary infection is uncommon in a cat's ear and so when we see discharge in the form of wax, blood, or debris we look for an underlying cause such as ear mites or an allergic dermatitis. I'll take a swab of the exudate and examine it microscopically looking for mites, bacteria, and yeast and then treat specifically for what I've found. Irrigating Nina's ear with an over the counter pet ear wash and treating with iodine is sensible but because you're not seeing a cure, Nina's vet will want to perform the testing I mentioned and then prescribe a prescription ointment or solution for you to instill in Nina's ear. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Hi Vera,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Nija. How is everything going?