Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My daughters cat threw up three times today. Smells bad and…

Customer Question
My daughters cat threw...

My daughters cat threw up three times today. Smells bad and the color looks brown.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

I don't think so but he has been vomiting frequently this week. I encouraged her to take him to the vet but I think she is afraid of bad news. You know, no news is good news.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

They moved to a new house and I think the previous owners put in really cheap carpets. He has eaten some of the threads, my daughter had to actually pull one out from his butt

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat
11/25/2017
Cat Vet: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear you are concerned about your daughter's cat.

Is he eating, and drinking? If he is still eating that is a good sign. If he is vomiting, and not eating, I might be concerned about one of the carpet fibers causing a blockage in his intestines.

He is eating, he does seem to have a sensitive stomach though. My two daughters moved in together and my oldest has two cats (brother and sister) that share the house. Not sure if he just doesn't want to share his space but he has always had a habit of spitting up.

Good that he is eating.

Cats vomit for dozens of reasons. It could be stress, infection, inflammatory bowel disease, or internal disease. If he is eating and not losing weight, it may not be serious.

I am sorry but I can't make calls for the website; I can only answer questions here.

You can try giving him 2.5 mg of Pepcid (famotidine) for the vomiting.

Does he have any diarrhea?

No diarrhea

Good he has no diarrhea.

The best thing would be to have a veterinarian check him over. If you try the famotidine and it does not help, I would definitely have him checked, but it may not be anything serious.

How old is he?

I did not hear from you. How is she doing?

Was this helpful; can I answer anything else?

Kindly consider rating my answer, to notify the website I am assisting you!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian