Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

My boyfriend gave our car Hartz Ultra guard One Spot and we

Hi! So my boyfriend gave...
Hi! So my boyfriend gave our car Hartz Ultra guard One Spot and we set her down but she licked the flea medicine off and we gave her a bath and she seems fine. Is there anything else we can do? Should we take her to a vet hospital?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is 7 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Baby?
Customer: No not really. She's acting normal right now. We're just worried
11/23/2017
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would love to assist you.

Over the counter flea treatments can be deadly to pets and especially cats. Just make sure you wash her well where the medication was placed with Blue dwan or a good dish soap which will break down the oil that is is supplied in. You will need to watch the kitten for tremors, nausea, vomiting, incoordination which can all be signs of toxicity from the Flea treatment.

If any of the symtoms show up,, then an ER Vet visit is advised. Hopefully you got it off without absorbtion through the skin and your kitten will be fine. Please hit reply to discuss this information. I am here to assist you.

Joan

Is there any questions or concerns, I can help with or answer? Please let me know, I am here to help you and your Kitten.

Joan

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you so much! This was very helpful I very much appreciate it

You are so welcome! You can always ask for me if you need help. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars. I am not paid by the site until I have a positive rating.

Joan

Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan
Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech