Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

We just got 10ish week old kittens about 5 hours ago. One

We just got 10ish week...
We just got 10ish week old kittens about 5 hours ago. One jumped out of my daughters hands from about 3 or so feet up. He was in pain immediately but now is putting full weight on it but is limping and seems to favor that paw when he’s still. He seemed a bit skittish around us people for a bit but seems to be doing better with that as well. I know absolutely nothing about cats. And I should say that they are both asleep right now
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I tried. I was able to feel his paw and it felt normal
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Boomer
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Boomer?
Customer: I dunno! We’ve only had him for five hours
11/21/2017
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

Those little guys can be quick and bouncy! Is he licking anywhere on his paw since it happened?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No, not that I noticed

Ok good.

So my guess is with that height with their little feet, he may have twisted or sprain it a bit and may be a little sore kind of like if we took a bad step off a curb.

Usually if they are putting any weight on it, the odds of anything being broken or dislocated is almost none.

Usually they just need to take it easy for a day or two, so ideally I wouldn't encourage him running around to chase the red dot for a little while yet.

If something seemed to be getting worse for swelling, or he was holding it up completely, then I would try to get him checked out in person.

Don't give anything from your medicine cabinet, tylenol can literally kill a cat.

Does that help?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you very much. I have to take him to the vet within the next week (says Humane society) but you put me at ease.

Yes it is always good to have a check up within a few days of getting a new baby-

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

If the information I've provided has been helpful, I hope you'll take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking on the star rating system (or if you are not seeing the stars you can leave a written rating of 1-5, 5 being great service). Until you issue a rating of 3 or better, the website will not compensate me for helping you, and taking the time to answer these questions helps me to support my family. You'll still be able to chat with me even after giving a rating, at no further charge on this thread. My goal is to give you 5 star service - keep in mind you are rating only my help, not any site or interface issues you might have. It is valuable feedback for me and for other pet owners as they seek help for their pets.

If you'd like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: https://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drbethg/?rpt=3800

Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you!

You're very welcome, congrats and good luck :)

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Veterinarian