Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

One of our kittens keeps biting holes in my dads oxygen

Customer Question
One of our kittens...

One of our kittens keeps biting holes in my dads oxygen hose

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the kitten's name?

Gambit

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gambit?

We think he has pica he chews on metal to

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat
11/21/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Gambit. How old is he? Is he otherwise a happy and active kitten? Is he eating and drinking well?

7 months yes and yes

Alight. At 7 months, Gambit is most likely a very playful and inquisitive kitten. As far as the bitting of the holes in the oxygen hose, he's most likely doing that as he likes to play with and just chew on that material. A dietary deficiency to cause pica is pretty unlikely in a kitten that is otherwise happy and eating well. Some kittens are very fixed with chewing on things. Some can chew on plants, cords, chairs, etc... As far as his behavior, this may be something that improves as he gets older. What you can do is to provide more than an ample supply of toys for him to play with and to take out his energy on them.