Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

He is hurting and taking off running and stretching then a…

Customer Question
He is hurting and...

He is hurting and taking off running and stretching then a little screach like hecis in pain

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?

Hobo

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Hobo?

He is 3

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hobo?

No he had this before i took him to the vet gave hom tramodol but i dont have any so i gave him one of mycyclobenzapr 5 mg.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat
Thank you he is doing it a little less
He loves to run and jump a lot so probably pulled that muscle again. I would imagine.
11/20/2017
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share video of what you're seeing? What breed is Hobo?

you ONLY help with dogs?do you know any help for cats?thank you..Happy Thanksgiving

It looks like your question was routed to the canine board, is your companion a cat or dog?

only cats& cows now

I can assist you with the question for a cat, that will be no problem. I'll ensure the question is categorized to the right board. Let's start from the top:

Your cat, Hobo, acts like he's hurting. He will acutely begin running, stretch and screech like he's in pain.

How often does this happen?
How much does he weigh?
Did I understand correctly that he was given cyclobenzaprine, as well? Was the dosage 5mg total?
Do you have a video of what you're seeing?

ah..no..my male cat..Rascal will drink water & act like he s gonna upchuck..a lot..once in a while he will..fluid mostly..clearish..& just after he eats(hard only) be acts like something sticking in back of his mouth

So, we are no longer addressing Hobo's concern, we're addressing Rascal's concern?

How old is Rascal?

Has he had any bloodwork recently?

Have there been any changes to the diet? New food, including a change of flavors or protein source within the same brand? New treats? Bones? Has any human food been fed? Torn up toys or trash? Stressful changes to the environment?

Does he vomit any food?

What does he do when he's acting like something is stuck in his mouth?

Hobo is still doing what was said in my first comment.I waited and. Waited for some one to answer.Just going to vet this morning.Hopefully he will get better. Wasted 19.00!
Hobo,my dog is still taking off running with his head down.Hurting in pain.He is not a cat,a dog

I have contact customer service for you regarding your concern. I am confused about how to assist you since you've mentioned both your cat and dog in our discussion. I will opt out and open your question up for another expert to assist as I am signing off for a few hours. Good luck.