Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

He hasn't been jumping today and is moving slower than

Customer Question
He hasn't been jumping...

He hasn't been jumping today and is moving slower than usual

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?

He has not been jumping today and is moving around slowly. He's still moving a lot, just slowly. He's eating normally though

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

I'm guessing hips/back legs area. He isn't limping, so I think hips.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Did the cat have a fall?

Not that I know of. He started out fine this morning and gradually slowed down today.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Fluffers. Age 11. He is also an fiv cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Fluffers

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fluffers?

No. He's always been very healthy with great check ups. He's about 2 months overdue on a rabies shot this year. But that's all I can think of that might matter

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat
11/20/2017
Cat Vet: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is dRB and I would be happy to help you with this....

so there are several possibilities here:

1. he jumped and aggravated some pre-existing arthritis

2. he has a fever and that is cause of slowing down

3.he has hurt his back and has a disc problem

This will have to be checked out by your vet because there are no pain medications that can be given to cats that are safe over the counter...all human drugs are toxic to cats....I would recommend a CBC check since he has FIV and also xrays if necessary. Please let me know if I can provide you with any additional information or answer any questions for you. Sincerely, DRB

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Do you think I should take him to the vet in the morning or monitor him a day or two to see if he improves? He's never been hurt or injured so I'm not sure how concerned I need to be.

I would take him in because your all of these possibilities need to be addressed as soon as possible. Can I answer any other questions for you tonight?

Thank you that's all for tonight.

You let me know if you need anything else as this question will stay open several days....DRB

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B