Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I just noticed her she is heavily drooling, & watery eyes.

Customer Question
I just noticed her...

I just noticed her she is heavily drooling, & watery eyes

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the cat's name and age?

Breathing is normal & she ate

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

She is a feral, but has been indoors all her life now for a year since birth

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat
11/19/2017
Cat Vet: Cher, Feline Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Hello, again.

I'm sorry your kitty is exhibiting these symptoms and has you worried. The heavy drooling could be related to an oral/dental problem like an abscessed tooth or gum infection. It can also be a symptom of nausea. If she's eating, that's great and she most likely isn't nauseous. She could have been exposed to a material/something giving off a strong odor, in your environment, that she sniffed and made her eyes water and her drool excessively.

I'm glad to hear that she's breathing normally and she will need to be seen in person by a vet if her symptoms worsen or these do not abate. Once a diagnosis is made, she can be treated to stop the symptoms.

Monitor her tonight and if you see any other unusual symptoms or worsening of her current ones, definitely bring her to the nearest ER vet for a hands-on exam and some testing. She might have ingested a toxic or other non-food item..

I hope your furry girl is back to herself very soon! I will check back with you in a few days to see how she's doing.

Your satisfaction is my ultimate goal and I welcome any follow-up questions you may have on this subject, at no additional charge.

At the conclusion of our correspondence, your 5-star rating will be most appreciated, as this will enable me to continue to send quality answers to additional clients and receive recognition by the website for my assistance.

Best wishes,

Cher

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Cher

Hello again,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you and your kitty. My primary goal is always to provide the best answer possible. Did you find my answer helpful?