Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

A soup can landed on my cats head about 45 minutes ago.

First she ran from me...
A soup can landed on my cats head about 45 minutes ago. First she ran from me the hid under the bed for about 5 minutes now she is walking around normally ate some treats. Pupils look equal and reactive . I’m just super scared and a nervous mommy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: No
11/18/2017
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

I​f you are really worried then I would take her to the ER and have them examine her. That way you will know she is alright for sure. Otherwise continue to monitor her for signs of a concussion. Vomiting, lack of appetite, you already know about the pupils, head tilting to one side, unable to walk a straight line, severe lethargy. If she is still fine 48 hour from now then I think she will be alright. Does that make sense to you? Do you have any other questions I may assist you with?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
that makes sense.

S​o if you notice any of those concussion signs then take her into the vet. They can give medication to help reduce brain swelling. It sounds like she is stable right now. If she has a bump on her hear you can hold an ice pack on it for 20 minute intervals if she will cooperate. That should help with some of the pain and swelling if there is a bump.

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian

D​o you have any other questions for me? If you are all set can you please rate my answer by clicking on the stars? Many Thanks

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian