Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

He has a rash at is and right below on his tail. Roonba and…

He has a rash...

He has a rash at is butt and right below on his tail

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Roonba and he his 3 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Roonba?

That he is overweight he weighs in at 35 pounds

please what can I use on it to make it go away he is in PAIN when I go to clean him he CRIES SO BAD PLEASE WHAT CAN I USE HE NEEDS HELP I FEEL SO BAD FOR HIM
11/16/2017
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about Roonba's situation. Can you post a picture of what you're seeing? Is he still eating and drinking ok? Is he going to the bathroom ok?

He is still eating and drinking and going to the bathroom ok when he poop's I have to wipe his bottom cause he can't and he get stuck on his butt and his tail it looks like a red rash like when a baby has diaper rash I would take a photo but he won't let me what can I put on it to help him can I use Desitin the stuff you put on a baby's Diaper rash

Don't use Destin on it. It can be bad for them if they are able to groom it and ingest it. Honestly, the best thing for a situation like this is usually a sanitary shave in that rectal region. A sanitary shave will remove the fur from that area that collects the stools and urine that can keep it moist and irritated. I have a very large male cat that was abandoned, and he just can't groom well. I give him sanitary shave every couple months to keep that area clean and he does well. When the fur is kept short, it can air out better and stay dry. Dry, clean skin typically heals and stays healthy. I would recommend a trip to your vet so the can check the area out. More than likely a quick sanitary shave and maybe a course of antibiotics for a skin infection is needed here.

Thank I'll have him shaved again Back there I have to have him shaved cause he can't groom him self and he mats I'll have it done again and I will take him to a vet so right now there is nothing I can do to help him there is nothing I should put on his bottom to help him I feel so bad thanks for you help

I wouldn't put anything on the area as it won't really penetrate the skin and it will most likely just make it more moist. That sanitary shave is best.

Thank you and have a good night

No problem! I hope you can have a good one too and that Roonba is feeling better here soon.

Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?