Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I just adopted a kitten 2 days ago and she doesn’t eat

Customer Question
I just adopted a...

I just adopted a kitten 2 days ago and she doesn’t eat anything, only drinks water

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the kitten's name?

I even got her the food sje used to eat at the breeder and still nothing Cristina

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?

No shes healthy and had all her vaccinations

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat
11/14/2017
Cat Vet: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would like to try and help you with this...how old is your kitten?

2 months

ok, so that is very young....and you say she has eaten nothing for 2 days?

Ok, this is going to require a vet visit as soon as possible. When a kitten does not eat anything for 48 hours then something is really wrong......and a kitten this age can die very soon from not eating......I hope this makes sense....

yeah but she drinks water. I don't understand what is the reason.and shes very healthy
she's playful and always cuddling

She is not healthy if she is not eating.....something is wrong....have you tried any canned food?

Cats can be playful and still be sick.....

I tried. The breeder told me she prefers dry food or rice/mashed carrots/boiled chicken breast but i tried that too yesterday and still nothing

Even if nothing is wrong you still need to take her to a vet an get her checked out and have them get her some critical care diet....and they can get some food into her and also figure out why she is not eating...when cats do not eat...something is wrong..

If you do not believe my information, I can get you another expert....would you prefer that?

I am going to opt out of this question as I don't get the feeling you trust my information.....take your kitty to a vet....

No, sorry, I was just busy doing something else. thank you though I'll take her to a vet