Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Second opinion] My cat done a teeth removal last

Second opinion] My cat...

Second opinion] My cat done a teeth removal last tuesday..and now he a little but feel weird..he seems more.lazy...and his sleep seem not comfy.. and he hasnt poop since 2 days ago. What should i do? He still eat alot but he a liitle bit not like to drink..

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name?

What is lethargy? His name kinchan

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

His blood check up is good. He done it before the scaling and teeth removal. And i see his fur a little up

11/12/2017
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

Is he on any medications? How many teeth were removed? What kind and type of food is he on? Is there a change in the amount of urine in his litter box? I did see the part about no feces for 2 days.

He is on medication antibiotic for postpone surgery teeth removal.
Almost all teeth remove and last just fangs.His urine is fine doctor as long as seen it. It is normal.He is in hospital since 7 november. And just get home on saturday. Could it be sympton of stress?
Now he eat prescription diet hills c/d for urinary.
Wet food in canned

I​t could e stress. His mouth may be sore as well. He had a lot of teeth removed. He may need some pain medication. Maybe it hurts his mouth to drink water. The antibiotics can cause some nausea as well and that can cause them not to eat.I am thinking you can add some water to his C/D canned food to increase his fluid intake. So he just came home yesterday Saturday or a week ago Saturday? I normally do not get concerned about a patient not having a bowel movement until 4-5 day have passed. Unless they are in the litter box straining to go and nothing is coming out. Do you have canned Pumpkin or canned Sweet potato there? The real vegetable kind and not the pie filling. You can give him a spoonful of that twice a day with his food. That is high in fiber and should help him have a bowel moment.

T​he canned pumpkin and sweet potato are very safe. I would start with that and add more water to his food to increase his fluid intake. Then ask your vet about mouth pain and if he may need some pain medication. How does that sound?

He go home on 11 november. On saturday.
There is no pumpkin canned in here in indonesia. I cant find one. Can you refer another sample of food?
His urine normal.

Do you have Metamucil or benefiber there? Those are over the counter human fiber supplements. You will find them most likely at a apothecary or pharmacy type store. If you can find it mix 1/4 teaspoon with his food twice a day until he has a bowel movement .If you can not find Metamucil or Benefiber in the human store then you better call the vet who did the dental and ask what you can give your cat if he has not had a bowel movement for a few days.

Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Gabby
Sorry for the replay so long.
I already gave him fiber. Thanks so much doctor. 2 days ago he already poop and the urine is fine i think..