Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I just saw worms,i thunk tape wormes coming out of her anas.

Customer Question
I just saw worms,i...

I just saw worms,i thunk tape wormes coming out of her anas

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?

My fear is she gave it to us because she has been every where in the litchen and our beds

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

We got 2 cats a 2 weeks go.one is very outgoing

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

The other is scared and hiding always.but they came from the same foster home

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat
11/11/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Peck, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Peck
Dr. Peck, Veterinarian

Greetings, I’m Dr. Peck, a small animal veterinarian in general practice. Hopefully I might be of some help. One moment while I reply…

Disclaimer: This communication is for discussion purposes only. Without seeing an animal in person, a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship does not exist, and therefore I am unable to diagnose, prognose, or treat. Any comments made during discussion here are based on the information provided and are simply my thoughts regarding what I’d be considering were this type of case presented to me in person. The best recommendation for any veterinary-related concern is to seek veterinary assessment in person with your local veterinarian.

Ok.thanks.
i got charged to read a disclaimer? Very helpful. thanks

I'd suggest you contact your local vet during their next regular business hours to schedule a routine exam. Mention the concern for tapeworms. Bring in a fecal sample to be checked for evidence of tapeworms. I'd prescribe a medication to treat tapeworms presumptively at that time.

I can not give advice regarding human medical care. Yes, tapeworms are a zoonotic disease that humans can obtain. I'd suggest consulting with your family doctor regarding any medical concerns you may have if you are having any symptoms. Good hygiene, in general, is typically enough to prevent infestations from spreading between your animals and you, in most circumstances. If you or anyone in the household is has a compromised immune system (young, old, ill, chemo or other immunosuppressive medications), guidance from your MD should be sought out.

Apologies, it takes time to individually type out well thought out and well worded responses to try to be as helpful as possible. I indicated in the first message that I was typing my reply. I aim to be as helpful as I can be. Do you have any followup questions related to my suggestions regarding your initial question?

No.thanks.

I sincerely ***** ***** helped answers you're questions. Let me know if you think of any followup questions, you can write me back here. In the mean time, please take a very quick second to click on the stars to rate my help. The "experts" on this site are users of the site just like yourself, not employees, and are compensated from the site only when rated using the stars. Thanks in advance. - Dr. Peck

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Samuel Peck
Dr. Peck
Dr. Peck
Dr. Peck, Veterinarian