Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

He has a red scabby rash round his neck. He is called

Customer Question
He has a red...

He has a red scabby rash round his neck

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

He is called Charlie and he's 10

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Charlie?

No he is very healthy, eating but abit lethargic.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat
11/10/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Does he have any other skin lesions elsewhere, especially around the base of his tail?

Is he scratching often?

How much time does he spend outside?

Is he on a flea preventative monthly? If so, which one?