Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Not eating, drinking water, whimper and pain/discomfort. 24…

Customer Question
Not eating, drinking water...

Not eating, drinking water, whimper and pain/discomfort. 24 hours at the emergency hospital, blood test, X-rays etc. yielded no answer. Back at the ref vet today. No answers or change. Help! He's my only family !

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Bobo! 12 years approximately. The sweetest cat in the world. I lost my husband recently and I'm not handling this well

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bobo?

He is healthy ( up to now) great appetite. Last time we went to a vet had to be 5-8 years ago. Check up. She's shy, scary and sensitive. This happened suddenly. No warning. He has no fever, kidneys were eliminated as a cause.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cat
11/7/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Peck, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Peck
Dr. Peck, Veterinarian

Greetings, I’m Dr. Peck, a small animal veterinarian in general practice. Hopefully I might be of some help. One moment while I reply…

Disclaimer: This communication is for discussion purposes only. Without seeing an animal in person, a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship does not exist, and therefore I am unable to diagnose, prognose, or treat. Any comments made during discussion here are based on the information provided and are simply my thoughts regarding what I’d be considering were this type of case presented to me in person. The best recommendation for any veterinary-related concern is to seek veterinary assessment in person with your local veterinarian.

To confirm what I'm understanding from what you've written... Bobo is 12 years old, seems to be in pain of some sort, and is anorexic. Thus far diagnostics have included bloodwork and x-rays with no diagnosis made.

Were any other diagnostics done? For example, ultrasound, FeLV/FIV viral testing, urinalysis, or other tests?

Were any concerns noted on physical examination by the attending veterinarian(s)? Such as causes for oral discomfort, abdominal pain, etc.?

Were any treatments instituted with any effect?

If you can give me some more information about her case I might be able to provide some suggestions on what I'd be thinking at this point were Bobo my case in person. Reply to me when you get the chance and I'll write back as soon as I'm able.