Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

Royal Canin has a new Weight Control S/O index dry food

Customer Question
formula. I have 8 aging...
Royal Canin has a new Weight Control S/O index dry food formula. I have 8 aging cats with different dietary restrictions. K/D is required for one cat, C/D tryptophan formula for several because it is SO and reduces anxiety. All the cats are showing preference for the obese cat's new weight control formula to the point where they are opening doors at night to get into the room where the fat cat eats. I now mix some of the higher protein weight control formula in with other specialized diets just to keep the cats happy with their own bowls and feeding stations. My thinking is that with the SO rating, I'm not harming anyone. But perhaps I am wrong when I mix some into the K/D feeder? Is there a best choice for a cat with reoccurring cystitis?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat
Answered in 2 days by:
10/15/2017
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How are your companions at this time?

Do you have an answer to my question? I do cat fostering and rescue. I think It is a generic question, if you are familiar with my specified disorders and prescription feline diets.

That I am. I wanted to check back in with you to see if you were still seeking an answer to the question since it has been 2 days since you posted your question.

Are these the foods you're using specifically?

1) https://www.royalcanin.com/products/royal-canin-veterinary-care-nutrition-feline-weight-control-dry-cat-food/2721
2) http://www.hillspet.com/en/us/products/pd-feline-kd-dry

3) http://www.hillspet.com/en/us/products/pd-feline-cd-multicare-stress-with-chicken-dry

Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert