Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My kitty jumped on the stove right after we finished

Customer Question
My kitty jumped on...

My kitty jumped on the stove right after we finished cooking.. Hes got to burnt paws.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Burns are certainly painful. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the kitten's name?

Kronk

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kronk?

He’s a very healthy kitty other wise

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat
10/6/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Denise, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian and I'd like to help with your concerns regarding Kronk.

How old is he?

How long ago did this happen?

How many paws are affected?

Are you able to send a photo?

Kronk is 4 months old , this happened roughly 2 hours ago, both back paws are affected, we have had him sit in cold water briefly to try and sooth any pain. His paws are very warm to touch and he seems very uncomfortable, not his playful self. I can’t get a picture just cuz he won’t stay still

Oh, poor little guy. Totally understandable that he won't allow a picture.

I'm glad you were able to use cool water. If he will allow a cool pack to be placed on his feet (maybe while he is swaddled in a towel or blanket) that can help as well.

I'm very concerned about his pain at this time, and if he might need treatment for the burns.

If you have an emergency vet in your area, I would recommend taking him in to be seen so that he can receive pain medication and treatment soon. Unfortunately, there is no safe over the counter pain medication that I can recommend for cats.

I wish you and Kronk all the best in his recovery.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to answer all the questions you have. If you have no other questions, I would greatly appreciate your positive review (5 stars). Your review helps connect Experts with other customers so your input is highly appreciated, and it is the only way that I am compensated. Thank you!

Hi, it's. Dr. Denise. Just checking on Kronk. How is he doing today?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Denise Cudiamat

Any updates on Kronk? I've been thinking about him. I hope he is doing well