Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Sometimes out of the blue my cat has these spells where he…

Customer Question
Hi there. So sometimes...

Hi there. So sometimes out of the blue my cat has these spells where he pants, drools, and while doing that he pees himself. These last for about 15 minutes and then he is fine afterwards. I have took him to the vet for this 3 times when it has happened and even in the middle of his episode and they always treat him with dehydration. I don't know how that is possible since he drinks all the time.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 10. His first episode was probably 4-5 years ago.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Buttercup?

No, and even when I went to the vet they did blood tests and they always come back good.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat
10/6/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Denise, Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment while I review your concerns.

How often do these episodes occur for your cat?