Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My 14 year old cat keeps throwing up even water. No he is a…

Customer Question
My 14 year old...

My 14 year old cat keeps throwing up even water.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

No he is a indoor cat

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Timon

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Timon?

This has been going on for three days now

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat
10/2/2017
Cat Vet: Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian replied 10 months ago
Rebecca, Cat Veterinarian

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Rebecca; I am a veterinarian. Please give me a moment to type my answer.

I am sorry to hear about Timon vomiting so much. If he can't even keep water down, he may be getting dehydrated.

There are many possible reasons for him to vomit so much: pancreatitis, intestinal blockage from eating a toy or string or yarn, infection, liver or kidney disease, cancer. The best thing to do is to have your veterinarian examine him, and try to find out the cause of the vomiting.

You can't treat him at him since he would vomit back up any medication you give him. When a cat can't even keep water down, we give them fluids for dehydration, injections for vomiting, and then try to find and treat the underlying cause.

If you lift his lip and look at his gums, do they look pink, or pale? They might be dark if he is a black cat. If his gums look pale, he is possibly seriously ill, and in need of medical treatment.

Please let me know how he is doing and what other questions you may have.

How is Timon doing?

Was my answer helpful? Can I answer anything else?

How is Timon doing; I did not hear back from you! Kindly consider rating my answer if this was helpful!