Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Her stomach is bloated. She'll let me rub and massage it…

Customer Question
Her stomach is bloated...

Her stomach is bloated. She'll let me rub and massage it without pain. She walks a few steps and lays down. Ive given her tuna in oil and oil sardines without improvement. When I rub it I feel knots.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Nyla. She's15 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Nyla?

15 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Nyla?

When she was a kitten she swallowed thread and lost a lot of weight. The vet recommended fish flavored Vaseline and she passed most of it. I give her dry food in the summer and wet in the winter. She's been on strictly wet for a few months

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat
10/1/2017
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion at this time?

Still extremely bloated

Can you share a picture of what you're seeing with the bloating?

Is she eating and drinking well currently?

Is she urinating and defecating?