Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat wolfs down his food unlike our other two cats.

Customer Question
My cat wolfs down...

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Fergus, under 2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Fergus?

May have been taken away from his mum too soon. Taken from a farm. Still suckles every so often on fabric.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat
9/30/2017
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How can I best assist you today?

Our cat seems well, grooms itself, plays, wants fuss. Just wondered if there could be any underlying medical issues due to his weight.
I would like my reply via email please.

Can you give me more information? It seems as though part of your transmission may have been cut off. Is he obese? thin?

He is overweight, nearly 17 pounds.

With him being overweight and eating his food quickly, it may be that his past history makes him feel the need to eat as quickly as possible and as much as possible in one sitting. Has any bloodwork been run by your vet? Have you tried putting him on a diet yet?

That's what we thought and we have wormed him as well. I think it will be better just to get him checked out with a local vet. Thanks anyway.

Certainly. If you need more help, just let me know.

I do not wish to leave bad feedback but it doesn't really work. How do I get a refund?

I'll contact customer service for you.