Cat

Connect one-on-one with a verified cat vet who will answer your question

Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

More related answers
All cat vets are VERIFIED
I just want to read the site first! Nothing really except he
Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, DVM owner
Nothing really except he once weighed 18 lbs. now is maybe 12. He eats well has no digestive problems except for the occasional hairball.He even still goes crazy once in a while and bounds through the house. he also plays chase with his younger sister Age 6. Bear is alot Maine Coon and a little mut. He has been my best friend for almost 16 years. I just worry because I can feel a lot of his bones while petting him. I guess I just want a little reassurance. Thanks for listening. … read more
1 year old cat has hairballs covering alot of the body and
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
1 year old cat has hairballs covering alot of the body and they can only be cut out and they are solid all the way to the skin, but seemingly not attached to skin. When we cut them and pull them out, … read more
I have an orange domestic shorthair cat who is 12 years old.
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
I have an orange domestic shorthair cat who is 12 years old. He is indoor only, but does occassionally escape outside for a few minutes every now and then. Recently I noticed he had black dander on hi… read more
My cat is extremly overweight and is starting to loose patches
Reani
Reani, cat vet
My cat is extremly overweight and is starting to loose patches of hair. This a.m. he was is my bathroom sink and when he got out I notice that there was a ton of red, white and black specles all over … read more
my cat is scratching and licking her self when she get up fro
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
my cat is scratching and licking her self when she get up fro the bed or floor it looks like sand or dandruff and when I wipe it up it looks like blood. Can u help me… read more
can you recommend a home remedy for upper respiratory problem.
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
can you recommend a home remedy for upper respiratory problem. lots of flem, trouble breathing, gets this often may have low temp can tell she doesn't feel well… read more
my cat has never had fleas or anything of that nature, I have
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
my cat has never had fleas or anything of that nature, I have a social friend who is a vet and gave me some medicine that is supposed to kill fleas, ticks and worms, I was so thankful that my sweet ca… read more
We have 2 cats always in the house. 2 mos. ago, we watched
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
We have 2 cats always in the house. 2 mos. ago, we watched a dog and now flea nits are hatching in the carpet and attacking both cats. 1 cat is fine w. a flea collar. The other one gets sick while wea… read more
Are there any places in the Peoria, Glendale or West Phoenix
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Are there any places in the Peoria, Glendale or West Phoenix Arizona area that help people with petcare that can't afford to pay? I have a friend that lives in this area with 3 cats and he's on Social… read more
Cat #1 rescued as a tiny kitten had no problems other than ...
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Cat #1 rescued as a tiny kitten had no problems other than a uti, which was treated. At 11 months of age being indoors w/o any problems or contact with other animals, cat#1 was introduced to cat #2 (c… read more
cat: clump..There does not appear to be any infestation, pustules
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
My cat has been losing large clump of hair for a short period. Upon closer examination, it appers that there are black dots on the skin where the hair once was. There does not appear to be any infesta… read more
Is there anything I can try at home to help my cat
Artemis Platz
Artemis Platz, High School or GED
She isn't eating anything and can't use her back legs except to take a few steps. She is drinking water and sleeping. She has a red dot on her side like something bit her or poked her. Also my husband… read more
I just moved from a moldy house. New landlord wants my ...
Joan
Joan, Private
I just moved from a moldy house. New landlord wants my mother cat and her 4 wk old kittens put in the semi to dark basement on a cement floor and it''s not that warm down there. I have them in a nice … read more
my cat has terrible dander. Also wherever she lays she ...
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
my cat has terrible dander. Also wherever she lays she leaves miniscule black dirt looking things that turn into very small worm looking things. These things when smooshed are red. What are they and w… read more
Is there a natural cat breed that has no dander....and ...
NancyH
NancyH, Pet/Animal Care Expert
Is there a natural cat breed that has no dander....and doesnt shed, or has minimal shedding?? My girlfriend is allergic to cats......(whatever that means)...... We assume it is the dander she is aller… read more
cats: one one flea which happen to be on my daughters forehead..hair
Vet help
Vet help, Veterinarian
i found one one flea which happen to be on my daughters forehead. i have 2 cats which are inside only cats. i've checked my daughter's hair and the cat's... but nothing. i can't tell if it's dander i … read more
HOW MUCH OF A DANDER THREAT DO 5 2 WEEK OLD KITTEN POSE ...
NancyH
NancyH, Pet/Animal Care Expert
HOW MUCH OF A DANDER THREAT DO 5 2 WEEK OLD KITTEN POSE THAT ARE CONFIND FOR THE MOST PART TO A LARGE CAT CARRIER?… read more
rat: insect infestation which caused her to scratch her ears..patches
ZooCVT
ZooCVT, Certified Veterinary Technician
About 5 months ago, my pet mouse developed some type of insect infestation which caused her to scratch her ears completely off. She had tiny black dots on her body with patches of red skin. The follow… read more