Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat is hurt on his tail. She makes fuss and hides. She…

Customer Question
My cat is hurt on...
My cat is hurt on his tail. She makes fuss and hides. She has not eaten in two days and does not allow us to get close. How can I catch her to take her to the vet?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat
9/28/2017
Cat Vet: Ola Barrett,
 replied 8 months ago
Ola Barrett

Hello, I am Dr. Barrett and I would be happy to address your concern about Mila. The best way to do this to prevent stress to her and prevent you from getting injured is to try a "catch and release cage". Here is an example:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oxgord-Humane-Pest-and-Rodent-Control-Live-Animal-Trap/48095851?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=693&adid=22222222227035503942&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=75971210194&wl4=pla-176362901314&wl5=9011038&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112354462&wl11=online&wl12=48095851&wl13=&veh=sem

Set a small amount of food inside and leave door open; these cages are designed to close when the animal reaches the opposite end. Take this cage with Mila inside to your veterinarian and your doctor can take it from here. It is possible that Mila may need to be sedated in order to examine the tail closely and determine what treatment is necessary. Given that she is not eating, it is very important that she get immediate veterinary care!

I hope this advice was helpful to you. Please let me know if you need clarification on anything or have other questions about this. Also, please do not forget to rate my answer which I hope you found to be "excellent." You may do this by clicking "rate our conversation" below (Your rating is the only means of compensation I receive for answering your question). Again, let me know if I can help you further:)

Cat Vet: Ola Barrett,
 replied 8 months ago

Hello, I am just checking in to see how Mila is doing this morning? Let me know if you have additional questions about anything? Also, please take the time to rate our conversation as "excellent" so I may receive credit for answering your question? I am happy to assist you further in any way I can:)