Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Not eating or drinking, very lethargic. He has fleas and we…

Customer Question
Not eating or drinking...

Not eating or drinking, very lethargic. He has fleas and we bought one of the Selesstrol

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Felix. When we got him from a friend of ours (they didn't know how old he was)

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Felix?

The vet figured apx 3.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Felix?

Yes. He doesn't like us to touch him in a certain place on the back of his rear leg. Hides under the beds

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Cat
Ok thanks
9/28/2017
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 10 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

When did Felix stop eating and drinking?

Can you clarify what you purchased?

Any vomiting or diarrhea?

He stopped last Wednesday
I'm sorry the collar was expensive and purchased at my local pet store. It's suppose to work for apx 8 months. The maker is Bayer
No vomiting or diarrhea. He did wet himself 3 days ago
Are u there

I'm here. It takes a few moments for your answer to process on my end, for me to read it and then type a response.

Ok thank you

Good morning, JACustomer. I am replying to your question this morning as you opted out of the question last night, which locked my ability to respond overnight. I asked a moderator to open the thread again so that I could respond to you again.

Can you check the name of the product you're using again? I have googled Selesstrol and found nothing. Is it Seresto, by chance?

Have any diagnostics been performed thus far, such as bloodwork?