Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

The mammary glands of a stray cat are really hard. We

Customer Question
Hello. The mammary glands...

Hello. The mammary glands of a stray cat are really hard. We currently have a heated cloth on them trying and trying to extract milk. What else can we do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the stray cat?

Please see above statement.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the stray cat seem to hurt?

Her teets

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Yes. Nipples are extremely swollen

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

We call her Tigris..maybe 18 months or 2

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tigris?

We think age had kittens in last 6 weeks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat
9/25/2017
Cat Vet: Sheree HughesIrwin,
 replied 7 months ago
Sheree HughesIrwin

Hello, Dr Sheree here to help.

Cat Vet: Sheree HughesIrwin,
 replied 7 months ago

Tigris needs to fill with milk in order for her to dry up. Milking is not helping. Warm compress will help but let her dry up. T

Cat Vet: Sheree HughesIrwin,
 replied 7 months ago

There is not any medication that will help.

Saying that, make sure the milk is white and no obvious red areas. If all the glands are engorged, we may have another condition.

Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert