Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat just got his paw burned on the oven door. It is only

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: my cat just got his paw burned on the oven door. It is only slightly red at this time. What can I do for him?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Burns are certainly painful. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 3 and 1/2 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Crookshanks?
Customer: He is otherwise healthy that I know of. He just is a little more adventurous
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this accident with Crookshanks. I have had a few cats with burned paw pads from getting onto the stove after cooking or on the door itself (like your guy). As far as what you can do for him, honestly the best thing at home is rest. There are no safe over the counter pain medications that you can give. In all honesty, anything you try to apply to the paw pads will be groomed / licked off and have next to no contact time. I would swap out the litter in the litter box to shredded newspaper so he doesn't have clay litter stick to the paw pads. As long as he's on clean, dry surfaces that don't get debris in the pads, he should have this heal in a short period of time.