Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I found a 4 week old kitten abandoned and I took him and and…

Customer Question
I found a 4...

I found a 4 week old kitten abandoned and I took him and and started feeding him wet food that we already had. He seemed to be doing great and I took him to the vet and they said keep doing what you are doing. Then for next two days he started getting very liquidy stool. Solid half the time and not the other. So today is day 5 on wet cat food and he tossed up all his food he ate today and poop everywhere in his box that we keep him in. I keep it very clean and clean it after every elimination. Poop kitten. I had two different types of cat food cans and I don't know if that's what did it or not. He seems to act fine and is playing normal but scared me a little and wonder if I'm feeding him too much or the wrong food.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the kitten will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?

He doesn't seem to be drinking a lot of water. I'm not sure how much kittens drink but he could be drinking at night. I'm just worried he might die if he doesn't keep food or water in his system.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat
9/18/2017
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 11 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

How long have you had him?

Did your vet perform any diagnostics such as a fecal analysis?