Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

She is hiding in a box. She seems hot! She is lethargic.

When I picked her up...
She is hiding in a box. She seems hot! She is lethargic. When I picked her up she kind of squeaked and then peed. The box she is in is wet too. She is normally difficult to pick up. We had tai food yesterday and she ate some of it. It was a curry mixture.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Tigger. Thirteen years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tigger?
Customer: She has been spayed, many years ago. She is a little over weight.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/17/2017
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist

Can you please send your phone number, NOT in this box, but after clicking on something that says 'Provide contact information' or something similar, so I can call you, as soon as possible?

Thanks,

Cher

*************

Cats can't tolerate spicy food and it can cause gastrointestinal upset, like diarrhea and vomiting, plus irritation and burning in the mouth.

For the moment, you can try giving her a small amount (1 oz.) of fat-free milk (Lactose-free, if you have it) and this might help stop the burning in her mouth and stomach, if she is experiencing these symptoms.

You had said she was drinking a lot of water, so, that's good.

Here is information re: Pepcid AC regular strength--10mg. Give 1/4 tablet every 12 hours. Generic is Famotidine.

http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid

----------------

If you have a regular rectal or digital thermometer, try to take her temperature to see what it is. Just lubricate the thermometer with plain Vaseline or plain KY Jelly and insert into the anus about 1/2 and inch, then remove and read. Normal temps for cats are 100.5 -102.5; if she has any higher than that, she has a fever. This could be from the spicy food or something else may be going on, so that's why it's important to have her seen by a vet, as soon as possible.

Because of the possible ingestion of garlic and onions, watch for any paleness of her tongue, gums, paw pads, ear tips.

Info on Care Credit:

https://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/

-----------

I hope all will be well with Tigger and look forward to your update!

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Cher
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist