Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

She's peeing excessively and thirsty, Bella 9, Said she has…

Customer Question
She's peeing excessively and...

She's peeing excessively and thirsty

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?

Bella 9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bella?

Said she has fluit a year ago. Excessive urine is today.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cat
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I didn't hear back
9/15/2017
Cat Vet: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please clarify "fluit" for me.

Drinking more than usual (polydipsia) and urinating a higher volume of urine (polyuria) are danger signs for quite a few disorders. These include both hepatic and renal insufficiencies, urinary tract infection involving the kidneys; diabetes mellitus, Cushing's disease, hyperthyroidism - all three will also cause increased hunger (polyphagia); pyometra (infected uterus if she's unspayed), hypercalcemia (increased serum calcium level – often due to lymphoma), electrolyte (sodium, potassium, chloride) imbalances, and the rarer Addison's disease, diabetes insipidus, and brain tumor involving the hypothalamus. Bella's vet will need to perform a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests in order to clarify what those symptoms are signifying.