Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat has no streb, Strength. Lost his bawls, He is

Customer Question
My cat has no...

My cat has no streb

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your cat?

Strength. Lost his bawls

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your cat seem to hurt?

He is diabetic..

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry your cat has that. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?

Sunkist. About 10 to 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

He is so weak cant walk

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

We tested him and was 181 about hour and half ago

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat
9/15/2017
Cat Vet: Cher, Feline Specialist replied 11 months ago
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

We are feeding with a syringe food puree

Hello, again.

I'm sorry Sunkist is experiencing this problem. It sounds like he may have possibly had a seizure.

His blood glucose is very high and he should be seen and treated by a vet, immediately. He might need his insulin dosage adjusted or changed to another insulin. If you have an ER vet center nearby, I would strongly suggest that you bring him there, so he can be treated. Diabetes can cause many other medical problems, but that reading of 181 is not good for his health and there's not much you can do at home, however, syringe feeding him was a good idea on your part.

Bringing him to the closest vet or ER vet will be best for him at this time.

I hope all will be well will Sunkist and please let me know how he is doing. Thanks!

I hope you feel that I have given you Great Service. If so, a 5 star rating would be appreciated. Your rating should be based solely on my answer and not any site issue. Experts are not compensated for their assistance, until a positive rating is given.

If you have any other, related questions, please reply here, and I'll be happy to follow up with you at no additional charge, even after you have rated.

Thank you very much!

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Hello again,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you and Sunkist. My primary goal is always to provide the best answer possible. Did you find my answer helpful? Please let me know. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Cher