Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Our vet gave her amoxicillin for a UTI and now her eyes seem…

Customer Question
Our vet gave her...

Our vet gave her amoxicillin for a UTI and now her eyes seem sensitive to light

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Kiki and6

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

Don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Cat
9/14/2017
Cat Vet: Richard Rawling,
 replied 11 months ago
Richard Rawling

Hi, i`m Richard, a Veterinarian from the UK. Hopefully I can help today.

Cat Vet: Richard Rawling,
 replied 11 months ago

Light sensitivity is not a side effect we generally see in veterinary patients in response to amoxicillin. Can you describe her signs to me?

She turns away, growls, and her eyes are shut even with a little light
Cat Vet: Richard Rawling,
 replied 11 months ago

What signs was she showing before she started the medication?

She was normal.
No
Cat Vet: Richard Rawling,
 replied 11 months ago

What prompted you to seek veterinary attention? How did the vet pick up on the UTI?

They got a sample yesterday and tested it. I took her in because she peed on my bed a few times.
Cat Vet: Richard Rawling,
 replied 11 months ago

Ok, great. How long has she been on the antibiotics for now?